Hey everyone! I'm so excited to finally be able to use this :)
My Indian adventure began with a rocky start; I decided to take a gamble and fly standby to Mumbai, which didn't pan out so well, haha. Although I made my initial flight from Chicago to Newark yesterday on the 8th, I missed my connection to Mumbai. I tried flying standby to Mumbai again today, only to find out that all open seats had been given to paid passengers. Poopie. On the bright side, since I missed my fight yesterday, I spent some time in New York City! :D After lugging my bags to the Double Tree, paying a $12.50 rail fare from Newark to Manhattan (what?!) and paying a quick visit to the taco bell at the train station, I found myself in Times Square. So. Many. People. There were people street dancing, people dressed up as Disney characters, people with five cameras hanging around their necks, you name it. I took the usual touristy pictures (and noticed two pigeons fighting over a piece of chicken :-o) and headed north. The last time I was here, I didn't get the chance to see Central Park, so I spent most of my day there. The greenery was absolutely gorgeous; It's so amazing to think that such a vast park could exist amidst the hustle and bustle of New York. Plus, there were so many DOGGIES! Some pictures of Times Square/Central Park below:
The New Years Ball!
shenanigans
more shenanigans
Taxis...and someone's elbow.
Since I couldn't make my flight to Mumbai again, I'll have to figure out what to do tomorrow. Knowing me, I'll probably just sleep in and go to the airport in my PJ's :P. I'll be flying as a confirmed passenger, so at least I won't have to worry about not making the flight again (whew). Here's to hoping tomorrow goes smoothly!
No comments:
Post a Comment